Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chocolate Bars and Angels….

What? JULY was the last time that I posted on my blog?!
How can that be?
Do you ever feel that time is passing so quickly that you blink and months have swept by?
My days are filled with cutting petals and making roses. Our business continues to grow and sometimes I feel like I see the women at the fabric and craft store more than my own family LOL We were just contacted by a boutique in New York that is interested in carrying are headbands and accessories!
We have a "hired"our first employee thank you Momala! She saved me hours of work by cutting stacks of satin into circles. Momala, do you mind if your salary is diet pop on demand and an occasional lunch? Mr. tickled pink has requested that I at least keep a pathway so he can wade his way through stacks of lace, rhinestones and pearls! The only time he really complained is when he almost had a small mishap the other day. He had come to sit next to me on the couch to show me something on his phone, how was I suppose to know that my scissors had slipped between the cushions! I told him to count his blessings since they were blade side down! Some how he didn't see the humor in that.
My house has been slightly neglected but it does look pretty covered in assorted roses and mountains of glitter LOL!
When my great Nieces were home for a visit I had them model for us. It usually cost me a handful of candy or part of a chocolate bar. One day when I was getting ready to leave, Mia the three year old, said "Aunt Michele, Bring some more of those headbands tomorrow I will wear them for you if you give me candy!Which was quickly followed by "wait let's make it gum...yes, if you bring gum I will wear your headbands and let you take my picture!" Haaaaaa How could I possibly pass up that offer? The next day I came armed with sugarless gum and got beautiful pictures of the little Angels!
I'm sharing the pictures that make them look so Angelic, what you don't see is the chasing, pleading and mountains of wet wipes to remove the chocolate that goes with our photo shoots!








I love using nature as my inspiration so I couldn't help but slip one of our handmade roses in with fresh ivory ones that I had picked up at the store...


My goal is to get back here more often, especially with the Holidays quickly approaching.
Until we meet again,
Have a tickled pink day!




No comments:

Post a Comment